The Securities Association of Singapore
The Securities Association of Singapore was registered on 11 December 2001. It opens an exciting chapter for the stockbroking industry when an association of companies from the securities and investment industry was formed. The SAS actively engages regulators and policymakers and other players in the securities industry, on strategic, regulatory, technology and operational issues and systems affecting the industry. It provides a common platform for corporate members to meet and discuss key issues concerning the industry and present collective views and proposals to regulators and authorities. Its membership consists of retail broking houses and foreign/institutional stockbrokers. A new chapter has been formed for Associate Members who offer Contracts for Difference (CFDs) and Foreign Exchange Margin Trading. The new chapter aims to promote CFDs and LFX Margin Trading investment among investors and uplift the high industry standards through public education by making sure they understand the investment products and risks involved.
With an ethos to promote a high level of standards and forge strong ties amongst members for a consistent voice to:
- promote the securities and investment industry and the establishment of a sound industry structure;
- provide a forum for members to meet, discuss, resolve, evaluate, canvass, comment upon and generally deal with any issue or matter concerning or relating to the securities and investment industry;
- render, where possible, advice, information, assistance, guidance and/or recommendations to members on matters relating to the securities and investment industry;
- promote education and training in all aspects of the securities and investment industry so as to upgrade the expertise and professionalism of members;
- represent members and/or their interests collectively in discussions or meetings with, or assist any member(s) to make any representation or recommendation to any Government, Government representative, advisory or supervisory authority, whether local or foreign, which are in or concerned with the securities and investment industry or an industry related to the securities and investment industry;
- conduct and publish studies and research papers on the securities and investment industry;
- institute by-laws and regulations for members in accordance with this Constitution and take such action as may be necessary to enforce these regulations; and
- perform any other function or take such action which the Committee may in its absolute discretion consider desirable or necessary in the interest of its members.
© 2019. The Securities Association of Singapore. UEN T01SS0152K. All Rights Reserved.